It’s that time of year, where all chasers plan on coming together and discussing their battles with mother nature, and prepare for a new season, by gleaming new info from a host of experts and top chasers.
This year’s Chasercon is being hosted in Norman, OK, a big change of venue from the Denver, Colorado location of year’s past. The 18th annual National Storm Chaser Convention (ChaserCon) will be held Jan 22-24, 2016 at the Norman, OK Embassy Suites.
Brandon Sullivan will be doing a forecasting class on Friday, January 22nd at 8pm. Here is what you should expect to learn about!
• Use of both short term and long term forecast models (such as RAP, NAM, and GFS)
• Use of satellite and surface observations to pick targets in short term
• Analyzing the environment using SPC mesoanalysis tools
• Basics of storm targeting, positioning and the actual chase
The Class Prices Are:
• $35 if registered for ChaserCon
• $60 if attending the class only
We will verify your registration status before entry
Click “Pay Now” to sign up! If you’re paying for more than 1 person, please list their names in the special instructions section.
You must be registered for the convention also, to get the $35 rate
Select whether you are attending ChaserCon, then click “Pay Now”